Monday, March 14, 2011

Guatemala_Some More Random Stuff

Saturday night we had Sam's cousin and his wife over for dinner. Pizza was the dinner of choice. While I was working at Emerald Cove Camp, every Friday night when the students were off campus the crew would congregate in the kitchen to make the most delicious pizzas. And  where this time I did not have the selection of ingredients or massive amounts of space to prepare such a meal, nor could the oven fit more then one pizza at a time. This Saturday night still reminded me of those fridays back at ECC. 
We had a great time making the whole meal, and it came out really well. Carlos and Sarah were a blast to have over.  




This is a guayaba. It's almost like a mini pear with a different taste but with the same texture as a pear. It's pretty small and does not provide a whole lot of eatable area to eat. Furthermore, it has a bunch of tiny seeds in the middle that I usually ended up bitting into. It doesn't taste bad, but probably wouldn't go out of my way to get one. 



Here in Guatemala you make do with what you have, and when all you have is your arms, you use them. I'm sure the table was very warmly welcomed at its intended destination. It as was also good that todays wind was minimal. 




Next to the taco stand where we enjoy to eat lunch is a shoe store. Deportes 2000. This place sells shoes like Patricks, Ocean Pacific and L.A. Gear. Shoes that have been labeled as fakes or impostors. But as we walk by this place often, a couple pairs caught my eye. And yesterday Sam's brother, Alex, and I purchased a fine pair of matching L.A. Gears.  If you remember L.A. gear, they were famous for having the heal light up when you walk. Sadly these do not, but they are a pair of L.A Gears, and in my book are still pretty sweet. They are also a brand I have not owned since elementary school some time, so I feel like I'm walking through the halls of Eastview to my 4th grade class, making circuits with batteries and light bulbs, and listening to Steve Cook read Crossing The Tracks. And for $23.30 I figured even if they only last me past the summer, it was worth the investment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment