Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tarry Botter

Today at around 6:00 P.M. central time I walked out of the Cary Area Public Library with a copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. But also left with something else, a look of "what in the world" from the librarian helping to check me out. You see, not having used my library card in over seven years they must have deactivated it. Upon my explanation as to why it was not used during those seven years, which apparently the nice lady was not concerned with, she ask me for my age. Promptly I responded, "26." It did not phase her, though I'm sure deep inside, or rather, just below the surface, her thoughts were reminiscent of that Sprint G4 phone commercial where everyone is bumping into every one else, and those being ignored, shout, "Really." I'm pretty sure that's whats she really wanted to say. I mulled over the idea of telling her the book (HP7) and audio book (HP4) were for a group of kids I help out with. But then I though, "you know, I really like Harry Potter and whats so wrong with a 26 year old man wanting to be caught up in a good story and find out if Hogwarts does open this year, or how Voldemort is killed, or if he's killed, Do Ron and Hermione hook up and does Harry decide to be with Ginny or not? These questions simply need to be answered and since every one tells me the books are so much better then the movies, and with the fast approach of HP7 Part I  the movie about a week away I decided it time to pick up the book and read it. However, the book is rather thick, so I really must go.




1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you finally gave in and are reading the book! It truly is better... I am proud of you for standing true to what you like, Troysen Housen.
    - X

    ReplyDelete